Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The other Guys

Ah, Marky Mark.  Not only have you been my nickname for as long as I can remember, but you somehow make a good action star.
I don't really understand it, either, since he doesn't seem to be the type when you look at him. I've really liked him in everything I've seen him in, though, from The Italian Job to Max Payne.  Will Farrell also does a good performance in this movie, showing us once again that he can act more than one role.

I honestly can't think of a better match up than Mary Mark and Will Farrell (or Samuel L. Jackson and Dwayne "Not The Rock" Johnson as the super-cops for that matter) considering the roles they played.
The Other Guys is everything it looks like and more: a(n almost) straight-faced parody of a crime drama, crossed with 80's action movie.  The effects were obvious at times and there was a wealth of needless explosions.  Needless to say, I loved it.  Not nearly as good as Scott Pilgrim, mind you, and may yet be one-upped with RED, but still well worth the watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment