Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Costume Time!

I have recently made an acquisition at my local savers that has jump-started my efforts into a project I've been thinking about.  A costume, perhaps even (if I'm lucky) for Halloween this year.

An Alchemist, based on the one from Torchlight.

My acquisition?

GAUNTLETS!

I almost couldn't believe it when I found them, They're just so perfect, though not without flaws.  The range of motion, for example, is pretty bad.

I'm doing the same thing with both hands. 

The only finger on the glove that extends all the way is, funnily enough, the middle one.  The thumb has a guard, and is for all intents and purposes, immobile.  I'll be fixing both of those, as well as tightening the finger slots to get more 1:1 movement (I can currently fit 3 fingers in one) in addition to increasing the range of motion.  I'll also be replacing the palm side, which is all gross and worn out.
That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment