Thursday, June 3, 2010

Prince of Persia: The sands of time

I'm back! And I've brought a movie review with me! And I've got to say, I'm thoroughly impressed.



Your eyes do not deceive you, reader, a video game movie that Isn't completely horrendous.  It exists! (although I guess it helps that it was produced by the guy who did the unofficial Monkey Island Movie, rather than Uwe Boll)

Perhaps I have the same advantage as I did with the sixth Harry Potter movie, where I had been removed from the source material long enough that I could simply enjoy the movie for what it was. Or perhaps it's just because I haven played the video game. (I've played the Two Thrones, though)

And it was fun!  lighthearted, but still able to be serious.  Jake Gyllenhaal actually pulled off the prince, not only in looks, but somewhat in personality, as well.  There was lots of parkour, action, and humor, just as it should be.

I'm not one to put scores to the movies I watch, but I enjoyed Prince of Persia much more than Sherlock Holmes, the last movie I saw in the theaters.  Mind you, that one was really good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment